Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Regime Change

No, this is not a political commentary on the situation in Libya, but rather a reference to my training.  I’ve been training pretty hard for the last 6 months – and for the last few months you will have been able to follow me on www.moversount.com, if you were so inclined (do sign up and become a ‘fan’ if you have not done so yet).  Still, I have not been following a particular regime and decided that it was time to approach this a little more scientifically.

A few weeks ago I went to a talk by Pierre Morath from New Concept Sports this inspired me to get my training a little more organised, so I went to talk to him for some advice.  He agreed to help out with a training plan but the first step was a proper test to measure my VO2 max, my aerobic threshold and my endurance limit.  With this we would then be able to organise a training plan.  Pierre put me in touch with Frederic Gazeau, who ran the tests and has now put together a training plan for the coming 6 weeks, after this cycle we’ll rework the plan.  I’m not giving away all my secrets here, but the training plan is focussed on building my endurance and teaching my body to run off fat rather than sugar in order to be able to maintain the level of exercise needed in the X-Alps over a long period of time.  I’ll let you know how well it works!  

No comments:

Post a Comment