Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Paris by night


One of the challenges I have in preparation for the X-Alps is simply fitting in the training.  Yesterday and today I am in Paris on business.  With no intention of letting the training slip I managed to find time for a quick run between a full day of meetings and a work dinner.  My course took me to the Arc De Triomphe, down the Champs Elysses between the Grand Palais and the Petit Palais, across the river to the Hotel des Invalides, round to the Ecole Militaire, under the Tour Eiffel, up the steps of the Trocadero and finally back to my hotel in Port Maillot.  It was a fantastic way to see the sights, the city really is beautiful, in fact I got so carried away that I was 15mins late for dinner!  I only wish I’d had more time to run past the Louvre and Notre Dame as well!  I thoroughly recommend this as a great way to see the sights in any new city, the only disadvantage was that I had to stop to cross roads, but that is no great hardship.

No comments:

Post a Comment